Subcommittee Convergent

Want to be in the know? 
All EMI SIG members can Join an EMI SIG Subcommittee to participate in teleconferences, share best practices and contribute to the important work of fostering excellence in emergency management. 
 
Need more info?
Click on the each icon to visit the subcommittee page for more information.
 
COOP.png

Continuity of Operations
 
Upcoming Teleconference:
Thursday, December 13, 2018 15:00pm ET
Items of Interest (Products, Projects, News, etc.):
Completed Annual Meeting COOP breakout session agenda. COOP will be transitioning from the 2018 theme "Cyber Response/Cyber Resilience" to "COOP Communications".  Looking for volunteers to help build a TTX.
 
Annual Objectives:
1) Develop a common operating picture for Complex-wide Continuity Program involvement.
2) Provide opportunities for engagement with continuity professionals within and outside of subcommittee membership.
3) Prepare meaningful interactions and activities to support the COOPSC Mission and promote information sharing.
4) Provide information and develop resources to support topics of interest to subcommittee members based on feedback from COOPSC meetings and teleconferences.
 
DMSC.png

DOE Meteorological Subcommittee
 
Upcoming Teleconference:
Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:00 ET
Items of Interest (Products, Projects, News, etc.):
- Chair is looking into meteorological site assist visits (coordinated site visits for information sharing and best practices)
- Assisted in the EMG review
 
Annual Objectives:
1) Elect a Co-Chair
2) Develop a white paper on characterizing a “DOE Meteorologist”.
3) Provide input/feedback/review of the CRADs for Meteorological Monitoring Systems and Consequence Assessment.
4) Continue to provide enterprise-wide meteorological advice and information.
 
EPI.png

Emergency Public Information
 
Upcoming Teleconference:
Tuesday, January 15th 2019, 11:00 am ET
Items of Interest (Products, Projects, News, etc.):
Currently reviewing legacy online courses for accuracy before being migrated to the new DOE Learning Management System. Volunteers to review the courses are welcome.
 
 
Annual Objectives:
1) Increase EPI Subcommittee participation by engaging DOE/NNSA Headquarters Public Affairs to push Sites’ efforts in a top-down approach; also, to reach out to Emergency Management staff at facilities to increase awareness and drive greater overall participation in EPI as a key component of emergency operations.
2) Develop a model, including procedures, documentation and other resources, for converting an existing EPI program into a social media-based response program. Many sites are looking for ways to move away from press releases and incorporate more technology in their response. But establishing a model using current programs as an example (ie. Nevada, Y-12, Los Alamos), we can offer resources to those locations who are looking for resources or help.
3) Post more EPI-related content to the SharePoint site of EMI-SIG, such as EPI Plans, checklists and other procedures. Cultivate the posting of pre-approved photographs, graphics and videos that can be accessed during a time of need.
4) Develop new courses that could help facilities across DOE/NNSA improve their overall emergency pubic information efforts.
 
ERA.png

Emergency Readiness Assurance
 
Upcoming Teleconference:
Wednesday, January 9th, 2019 15:00pm ET
Items of Interest (Products, Projects, News, etc.):
Currently reviewing legacy online courses for accuracy before being migrated to the new DOE Learning Management System. Volunteers to review the courses are welcome.
 
Annual Objectives:
1) Complete priority updates to Exercise Builder.
2) Develop a plan for upgrading Exercise Builder to a new, more stable platform.
3) Provide support to the CRADS development specific to readiness assurance.
4) Increase active membership in the ERASC and participation in quarterly conference calls.
5) Promote standards and best practices through informational sharing and educational activities during ERASC conference calls.
6) Identify and recommend a common trending tool for readiness assurance requirements.
7) Conduct 1-2 EXR-231 Exercise Design courses (based upon need).
 
FFR.png

Field and First Responders
 
Upcoming Teleconference:
 Wednesday, December 19, 15:00pm ET 
Items of Interest (Products, Projects, News, etc.):
FFRSC is building an enterprise site using Target Solutions. This will be a site for sharing lesson plans, standardizing training and sharing lessons learned and best practices. They hope to have the site populated and ready to demo by the Annual Meeting.
Developing the Annual Meeting FFRSC breakout session agenda.
 
Annual Objectives:
1) Continue to improve participation of monthly teleconferences by planning meaningful discussions that add value.
2) Complete Site Fire Department benchmark spreadsheet and publish.
3) Participate in CRADS process; provide input and feedback.
4) Begin two-year effort to research FF Retirement/Physical Fitness Initiatives.
5) Establish training working group to focus on improved collaboration of training content and effort across the NNSA/DOE first responder community.
 
SEMPER.png
Subcommittee for Emergency Planners
 
Upcoming Teleconference:
Thursday, December 6, 2018  13:00 MT/1500 ET
Items of Interest (Products, Projects, News, etc.):
- Researching ways to recruit members
- Participated in EMG review
 
 
Annual Objectives:
1) Develop an agreed upon charter and institutionalize the subcommittees existence within EMI SIG.
2) Recruit a diverse group emergency management professionals to voluntarily share experience, expertise, and insights in regard to emergency planning to enhance the effectiveness of emergency management programs throughout the complex.
3) Hold regularly scheduled information-sharing teleconferences, web-based meetings, video teleconferences, or in person meetings.
4) Serve as a DOE/NNSA focal point for emergency management planning for the DOE complex.
5) Engage other EMI SIG subcommittees to enhance emergency planning knowledge and information sharing.
6) Provide support for other EMI SIG subcommittees on overlapping topical areas as requested.
7) Promote DOE/NNSA-wide emergency planning best practices.
8) Focus on addressing Protective Actions or other planning issues brought up by assessments.
 
SEMTECH.png

Subcommittee for Emergency Management Technologies
Upcoming Teleconference:
Wednesday, January 16, 2019 12:00 ET  
Items of Interest (Products, Projects, News, etc.):
- Ray Baez is the new SEMTECH Chair
- Researching UAS and countering UAS vehicles
- Participated in EMG review
 
 
Annual Objectives:
1) Continue to solicit information and assistance from the various sites with the “WebEOC in a Box” and “Emergency Employee Notification and Accountability Study”.
2) Solicit more input from various sites for contribution of presentations for the 2019 Annual Meeting.
 
STARS.png

Subcommittee on Technical Analysis and Response Support
Upcoming Teleconference:
Thursday, January 17, 2019 11:00  ET  
Items of Interest (Products, Projects, News, etc.):
- Ending phase one of EMAT project data collection and consolidation
- Participated in EMG review
 
 
Annual Objectives:
1) Continue our good work from the current year.
2) Provide quality technical products for use by the hazards and consequences assessment community.
3) Implement our new chemical screening issues portal.
4) Work to develop technical content for new hazards analysts and work with the Training and Drills Subcommittees and other training organizations to implement the new training. 
5) Support the development of the new CRAD. 
6) Continue the good work being done by all our working groups. 
 
 
TD.png

Training & Drills
Upcoming Teleconference:
Tuesday, December 18, 2018 13:00pm ET  
Items of Interest (Products, Projects, News, etc.):
Currently reviewing legacy online courses for accuracy before being migrated to the new DOE Learning Management System. Volunteers to review the courses are welcome.
 
 
Annual Objectives:
1) Encourage benchmarking visits across the DOE complex
2) Continue conference calls
3) Continue sharing lessons learned and best practices on conference calls and at EMI SIG Annual Meeting
4) Continue to support TDSC members in the implementation of DOE O 151.1D training and drill requirements
5) Continue to support DOE HQ and other subcommittees as requested (i.e., review and provide feedback for new or revised training)
6) Promote identification of more “best practices”
7) Provide feedback of the T&D CRAD to PNNL